https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg 0 0 jriley https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg jriley2013-09-26 11:07:042021-01-25 08:12:35Energy Saving Tips for your Association’s Members
No-Cost Winter Savings
- Every degree you lower your heat in the 60‑70° range will save 2% on heating costs.
- Set your thermostat to 55° before going to bed at night or when away from home for more than 4 hours.
- Turn your heater down to 55° or off when you’re using your fireplace.
- Close damper when not using fireplace.
- Use passive solar heating on sunny days. Open drapes and let the sun in during the day, and close drapes to retain heat at night.
Anytime Energy Saving Ideas
- Lower your water heater temperature to 120°. Set a dishwasher at 140°, unless the dishwasher has a booster heater ‑ in which case, set at 120°.
- Run cold‑water washes and wash with full loads.
- Line‑dry your clothes whenever possible. Use dryer for a few minutes, as necessary, in order to soften line‑dried clothes.
- Only run dishwashers with full loads—using the energy‑saver mode.
- Use dimmer switches or timers on incandescent lights.
- Use a microwave only for reheating and cooking small items.
- Unplug your extra refrigerator if it’s only being used for drinks or ice.
For more tips, please visit the Pacific Gas and Electric Company website.