https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg 0 0 abhishek manne https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg abhishek manne2013-03-30 16:39:382020-08-31 04:16:04§4730 – Marketing of Units
- Any provision of a governing document that arbitrarily or unreasonably restricts an owner’s ability to market the owner’s interest in a common interest development is void.
No association may adopt, enforce, or otherwise impose any governing document that does either of the following:
- Imposes an assessment or fee in connection with the marketing of an owner’s interest in an amount that exceeds the association’s actual or direct costs. That assessment or fee shall be deemed to violate the limitation set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 5600.
- Establishes an exclusive relationship with a real estate broker through which the sale or marketing of interests in the development is required to occur. The limitation set forth in this paragraph does not apply to the sale or marketing of separate interests owned by the association or to the sale or marketing of common area by the association.
- For purposes of this section, “market” and “marketing” mean listing, advertising, or obtaining or providing access to show the owner’s interest in the development.
- This section does not apply to rules or regulations made pursuant to Section 712 or 713 regarding real estate signs.