https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg 0 0 abhishek manne https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg abhishek manne2013-03-30 17:20:052020-08-31 23:44:02§5515 – Temporary Transfers and Special Assessments
- Notwithstanding Section 5510, the board may authorize the temporary transfer of moneys from a reserve fund to the association’s general operating fund to meet short-term cashflow requirements or other expenses, if the board has provided notice of the intent to consider the transfer in a board meeting notice provided pursuant to Section 4920.
- The notice shall include the reasons the transfer is needed, some of the options for repayment, and whether a special assessment may be considered.
- If the board authorizes the transfer, the board shall issue a written finding, recorded in the board’s minutes, explaining the reasons that the transfer is needed, and describing when and how the moneys will be repaid to the reserve fund.
- The transferred funds shall be restored to the reserve fund within one year of the date of the initial transfer, except that the board may, after giving the same notice required for considering a transfer, and, upon making a finding supported by documentation that a temporary delay would be in the best interests of the common interest development, temporarily delay the restoration.
- The board shall exercise prudent fiscal management in maintaining the integrity of the reserve account, and shall, if necessary, levy a special assessment to recover the full amount of the expended funds within the time limits required by this section. This special assessment is subject to the limitation imposed by Section 5605. The board may, at its discretion, extend the date the payment on the special assessment is due. Any extension shall not prevent the board from pursuing any legal remedy to enforce the collection of an unpaid special assessment.