https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg 0 0 abhishek manne https://echo-ca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/echo-ca-300x152.jpg abhishek manne2013-03-27 08:40:202021-01-10 06:09:36§8338 – Membership List
A membership list is a corporate asset. Without consent of the board a membership list or any part thereof may not be obtained or used by any person for any purpose not reasonably related to a member’s interest as a member. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, without the consent of the board a membership list or any part thereof may not be:
- Used to solicit money or property unless such money or property will be used solely to solicit the vote of the members in an election to be held by their corporation.
- Used for any purpose which the user does not reasonably and in good faith believe will benefit the corporation.
- Used for any commercial purpose or purpose in competition with the corporation.
- Sold to or purchased by any person.
- Any person who violates the provisions of subdivision (a) shall be liable for any damage such violation causes the corporation and shall account for and pay to the corporation any profit derived as a result of said violation. In addition, a court in its discretion may award exemplary damages for a fraudulent or malicious violation of subdivision (a).
- Nothing in this article shall be construed to limit the right of a corporation to obtain injunctive relief necessary to restrain misuse of a membership list or any part thereof.
- In any action or proceeding under this section, a court may award the corporation reasonable costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, in connection with such action or proceeding.
- As used in this section, the term “membership list” means the record of the members’ names and addresses.