Water is the Enemy: Structural Engineering Expert,
Dr. Henry Koffman Explains Surfside Tower Collapse
Seeking Equity for the Victims: Who Pays What?
Plaintiff’s Attorney, Brad Sohn, Esq. Speaks
Brad Sohn, Esq. of the Brad Sohn Law Firm is often the first to file on groundbreaking consumer protection and civil litigation matters, including the Champlain Towers (South), Surfside, Florida partial building collapse lawsuit on behalf of families. Appointed by the Court to the Plaintiff Steering Committee, he is a go-to legal advisor.
Implications of the Tower Collapse
Presented by David Mangini, Esq., Lisa Triplett and John Gill, Esq.
What changes will the Champlain Towers (South) collapse have in the legislature for our HOA communities here in California. Legal experts David Mangini, Esq. with Saarman Construction LTD, John Gill, Esq. with Hughes Gill Cochrane Tinetti, P.C., Management Professional Lisa Triplett with Bay Area Property Services will speak about legislative changes that may be coming down the pipeline, and how these changes will affect your HOA in the future.
Legal Resource Panel Update
Presented by Mark Wleklinski, Esq. | Panel Chair
- HOA Owners are exempt from rental restrictions not in place at the time of purchase Civil Code 4740-4741
- CC&Rs demand 51% HOA member vote before defect suit. Void under civil code 5986.
- Parking limits by city ordinance and zoning not a duty of care for HOA to protect invitees.
- No privacy invasion by iPhone or Nest security system recording neighbor.
- False advertising suit against apartments only requires public likely to be deceived.
- “Prevailing party” gets legal fees based on demands and outcome.
- Attorney invoices admitted as evidence of amounts incurred by prevailing party & reasonable.
- STVR ban in Santa Barbara, without Coastal Commission approval in advance, is void.
- Highlights of recent Verdicts and Settlements in the Trial Court ranging from $11M Swimming Pool Injury to Defense results.